Senior Engineer (Java)
The EFT’s SA engineers are the leaders of the pack, or at least they’d like to think so. It’s an open space, innovative team that like applicants with a willingness to explore the boundaries. You’d need the basics like Java, SQL Server, My SQL, DB2 and Oracle, but the company offers skills development in much more. The core position would see you work on multiple specifications at a time with a few bug fixes in between. And since Postilion is commonly used, applicants will get the necessary expose with training for that as well. Additionally, experience in EFT or Payments domain will be beneficial but it’s not a deal breaker.
- Core Java developer experience focussed on the backend
- Experience in one of the following database platforms: SQL Server / My SQL / DB2 / Oracle
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields.
- And naturally, we’d like you to be a bit presentable and courage enough to face Midrand traffic. (But if you don’t, we’re across the street from the Gautrain).
If you would like to apply for this position, please forwards your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: “SA Engineer (Java)”
Junior Java Developer
Our in-house engineers are ready to take on a few fledgelings that want to enter the big bad world of payments. Postilion will become your new best friend, and your current Java capability will start to look like kid’s games. In a nutshell, this is the opportunity to become one of the greats and make your mark in the world of finance.
- Bachelors or higher qualification in software engineering is a must!!!
- Back-end Java development experience would be super
- Core capabilities of the following database platform: SQL Server, MS SQL, DB2, Oracle would make life easier.
- Additional skills that will be useful include Postilion, Python and Git. (Although, not a necessity)
For the select few, we will be taking you through a grilling interview process and test your capability in a high-pressure situation. If you’re lucky enough to get through that step, you then get to sit through relentless questioning about your life goals and ambition. But don’t let that scare you, if you pass our trials, you get to work alongside the best in the business (self-proclaimed).
Also, please note that we are in Midrand and you can’t commute from Cape Town. But we have the Gautrain for those that really want to get here.
Please apply, we need you.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forwards your CV to email@example.com with Subject: “SA Junior engineer (Java)”
Mobile Application Developer
- Work experience with either Android and/or IOS
- Competent with Web application development & Web services experience
- Experience in designing and building multi-platform applications.
- Ability to program in at least one programming language, namely: Java (J2SE), Swift, Object-C, C++
- Excellent SQL and database design skills
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- Good understanding of project management principles and SDLC
- Understanding of Enterprise Messaging Bus architectures
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Beneficial experience including: Ionic 1 to 3, Angular 1 to 3, Agile Scrum development methodologies, GIT (or Bitbucket), Microsoft Team Foundation Server experience (or GIT)
- Meet best practice criteria in the design of smartphone applications and the software development process
- 3 – 5 years proven experience as a mobile platform application developer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Willingness to relocate if needed
- Permanent fulltime position
- In office, with limited travel, situated in Grand Central, Midrand.
- This position is focussed on the payments industry, however it does not require candidates to have payments experience as the necessary training will be provided.
- You will work alongside the team and individually with little supervision.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: “Application Developer”